Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Behold Thy Mother


As I studied our readings about the Savior this week I was reminded of the talk given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland about the connection between a mother's love and the love of the Savior.

The link to Elder Holland's talk is above.  

I have felt that intense connection.  

I have felt the power of it, and I have felt the pain of it.  

I am impressed with the connection that Christ makes between himself and mothers.  

Isaiah's words describes a woman with a sucking [nursing] child. 

Isaiah 49:14-16

14.  But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

15.  Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

16.  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.  

Anyone mother who has ever nursed a child knows that a mother cannot forget that child. 

Her body will literally not allow her to.  

The mother's milk will come in, and before long the mother will be in pain if she does not feed her baby.  

This is the example that the Lord gives to us, and even uses his own body to emphasize that, 
"thy walls are continually before me."  

For anyone who wants to understand the love of the Savior better, examine the love that your mother has for you, or the love that you have for your own child.  

This truly is a great love, beyond earthly comprehension.  


No comments:

Post a Comment